The Left's Latest Scam
While Maine voters were roundly rejecting a plan for “Universal Home Care,” the Maine People’s Alliance was collecting signatures for its next policy disaster: mandatory earned paid sick leave for all workers and businesses in Maine.
Not surprisingly, this proposal would hurt many of the people it proposes to help. How many jobs will be killed in order for businesses to shoulder this burden?
We are not wasting any time finding out. We are researching the language to find all the ways this plan will hurt small business owners who would be forced to guarantee paid time for any employee (full-time, part-time, and even seasonal workers) to take off work to care for friends or family members.
With your support, we will determine how this proposal will impact the state, and together we will educate the public in the interest of improving the lives of Maine citizens.
Don't think we can stop the momentum of the Left's latest scam?
Look at the 2018 results of Question 1.
When Mainers are given the facts, they make the choice to reject more taxes and unaccountable programs at the ballot box. This year, you and I have demonstrated that together we can beat their misinformation on this battlefield.
- We garnered enough public comment to deliver the voters a more truthful ballot question.
- We called out the lies from proponents about the Universal Home Care program and tax scheme to fund it.
- Our research uncovered the disastrous economic effects of the new taxes, plus the dangers of a new governing board and faulty incentives for providers.
- We held four public events around the state to energize people on the ground and disseminate crucial information on this ill-conceived plan.
- Ultimately, Mainers saw the facts and soundly defeated Question 1 by an almost-2-to-1 margin.
We can do it again. Sign this petition to investigate the Left's latest scam.
Thank you for standing against the next assault on Maine's fragile economic recovery. Please consider a tax-deductible gift to The Maine Heritage Policy Center to ensure we have what we need to conduct the research and educate people on this issue.