Maine Policy is Hiring!
Policy Analyst: Maine Policy Institute is seeking an energetic, organized, detail-oriented full-time policy analyst. Reporting to the chief executive officer, the policy analyst advances Maine Policy’s mission by conducting timely and in-depth research that informs lawmakers, the media and organizational supporters about free-market solutions to Maine’s most pressing public policy issues.
This highly-skilled individual oversees the development of all policy white papers, is responsible for managing research associates and works closely with the Director of Civic Engagement and Director of Communications to communicate the organization’s mission in the press and to lawmakers in Augusta.
- Conduct and oversee research in the areas of taxes, health care, education, regulation and economic policy to educate state policymakers and leaders about best practices, trends in state policymaking and current research.
- Write white papers, reports, articles, issue briefs and memos about a range of public policy issues.
- Write and submit laws and amendments to government offices and legislative committees of jurisdiction.
- Prepare and deliver written and spoken testimony before legislative committees and official government agencies, boards and commissions.
- Maintain knowledge of current state policies and identify new research opportunities.
- Assist in coordinating grassroots and coalitional support systems to progress legislative priorities.
- Manage policy staff to maximize productivity and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Advance mission by clearly and effectively communicating research findings and policy positions in media appearances.
Position requires excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Knowledge of research methods and Microsoft Excel preferred. Small office environment, must be team player. Occasional weekend/evening hours for scheduled events.
Maine Policy Institute is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, nonpartisan organization that conducts detailed and timely research to educate the public, the media, and lawmakers about public policy solutions that advance economic freedom and individual liberty in Maine.
Maine Policy offers a competitive salary, health benefits, short-term disability and a retirement account, as well as a collegial, intellectual work environment.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirement in confidence to:
Ms. Heather Noyes
Director of Operations
Maine Policy Institute
Post Office Box 7829
Portland, Maine 04112
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE