Leading Maine Forward to Freedom
We are currently updating our database and website to provide a more engaging experience for our friends and supporters. During this time, we cannot accept gifts through our website.
Please contact Mr. Nick Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-200-6217 if you would like to make a secure donation with your credit or debit card.
You may also mail your gift to Maine Policy at:
Post Office Box 7829, Portland, Maine 04112
Thank you for your support of expanding free markets and individual liberty in Maine. Maine Policy Institute is fueled by the generosity of thousands of Mainers who share this vision of a future of freedom and opportunity for all.
Our state, now more than ever, needs a vibrant economy to attract families, businesses, and entrepreneurs to allow for greater human flourishing.
During the economic slowdown due to the state and national coronavirus response, our work has shifted to help stem the damage to Mainers' livelihoods. Read our recent letter to Governor Mills in which we provide various policy recommendations to this end, including
- suspending Maine's Certificate of Need law to allow care facilities to increase the number of beds they can offer,
- disbursing a portion of state per-pupil education spending to help parents coping with homeschooling costs, and
- suspending the online sales tax while many people buy supplies through online retailers.
Some of our recommendations have already been implemented by the Governor, such as
- loosening restrictions on medical licensing and tele-health so that providers from out-of-state can serve vulnerable Mainers
- extending the state tax filing deadline to July 15.
Keep an eye on our events page over the next few weeks for virtual meet-ups with Maine Policy staff to discuss progress made and challenges to come.
Thank you for supporting a rebirth of prosperity in Maine!